Tuesday, 2 February 2010

Oh Hi!

I can't believe how fast time flies sometimes. It feels like I just updated this the other day and I look and it's been 3 weeks! Yikes.

I don't have any pictures right now, but I'll get some up for you. I just wanted to give you an update about what's been going on!

Right now we are sick, sick, sick!!! It started last Tuesday with Taylor. She started coughing in the afternoon. By the evening she was coughing so hard she was vomiting. On Thursday she hadn't improved any, and Carson started coughing too so I called Friday morning and got them an appointment with an off base Dr. for the afternoon.

We took them in and she checked their oxygenation and listened to them. Taylor was wheezing a little bit so she got a breathing treatment, but Carson was okay. She suspects they have RSV which caused Bronchiolitis. They were put on Prednisolone once a day, and liquid Albuterol three times a day.

Taylor is still coughing, but she hasn't vomited in a couple of days so I think she is improving. Carson however had been getting worse. I called the nurse on Sunday, and again today to ask about his symptoms, and they finally gave me a referral to go back to the doctor today. She listened to him and he was definitely worse, wheezing a lot. He got a breathing treatment at the doctor, and she sent him for xrays, but I don't think he has pneumonia since she didn't say anything and they haven't called yet. She did send us home with a nebulizer so we can do breathing treatments at home every 4 hours to help him breathe. Poor kid has lost his voice, so he sounds like an old man when he cries. It's very pathetic sounding and makes me want to cry with him.

On top of that I think they are both teething. Taylors gums are looking kind of swollen in the back so I think her 2 year molars are coming, and Carson's are looking swollen in the front so his first incisors might be coming in too. When it rains it pours! I've definitely been taking a physical and emotional beating this last week trying to keep them both happy and breathing this week. We've had a lot of scary moments especially when they start their coughing fits and can't catch their breath. I will be thankful when this is over.

I've caught the cold too, but my symptoms aren't quite as bad. I think yesterday was my worst day with a bad sinus headache and I have the sniffles and a cough, and my voice is also pretty raspy.

Saturday was a busy day. Somehow I got talked into doing a craft show on Saturday Morning, at the same time as I had a photo shoot for a Purity Ball that evening. This was before the kids got sick so I was originally going to take Carson with me. Then we decided he would stay home with Drew so he could get rest and Drew would bring him to me after his first nap so I could nurse him, then take them home again.

Well I spent two weeks preparing for the craft show.. staying up too late crocheting away. I made about 20 hats, and 40 flowers on clips in about 10 days and I sold.......... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! It was a cold day (For LA) and there was not a lot of traffic that came through so I didn't sell a thing. I was pretty bummed, but apparently nobody else did that great either. Oh well, I'll list it up on my Etsy shop, and I wont have to crochet for a while! :)

The Purity Ball photo shoot went fantastic. I'm still processing all of the pictures but I should have them all done by Friday and uploaded. The event is so full of love and beautiful young ladies with their fathers, it really is amazing with a wonderful purpose. I can't wait to get these photos up for them, who knows. .maybe it will get me some more business as well!

Drew survived the day at home by himself with two sickies. I was very proud of him because I KNOW that it's not an easy task!

Taylor was suppose to start music class tomorrow, but she could still be contagious so we are skipping it. She also missed MDO last week, and she'll miss it this week, which is a bummer because she's always asking about "school".

Lets see.. milestones this month. Carson has been doing two things. He rolls over and over sometimes, but other times he'll roll onto his belly and then scream until somebody helps him back to his back. I don't know what that's about! We haven't been doing a lot of floor time lately because he can't breathe well when he's horizontal, so he's been spending a lot of time in my moby wrap on my chest, or in the jumperoo which he loves. I just ordered another type of carrier that can go on my back easily too so we'll see how he likes that. It's called a Mei Tai, Taylor can go in it too, they go up to 35lbs! I've really been getting into this Baby Wearing thing, I wish I would have found these wraps when Taylor was an infant. With my Moby wrap, I can shop the whole commissary and Carson will pretty much sleep the whole way. Plus the little Asian ladies that work there get a kick out of it (they are all asian inspired wraps/carriers).

He doesn't care to hang out in the bucket unless we are continuously moving, so the stroller with his bucket is great for walks, but when we are shopping or doing something that we need to stop a lot, I wear him so I can keep bouncing even if I'm stopped and he stays happy.

Taylor has been, well, 2. I guess this is normal. I really miss the days when she was happy all the time. Sometimes I wonder if I am doing something wrong, and why she's so angry. I'm sure she's got some cabin fever right now which doesn't help. We got a mini trampoline a while ago so she can let out some energy when she's in the house and that really works wonders. She loves to "bouncy bouncy", and we've been watching probably more movies than usual lately since we've been quarantined here.

She's been adding new vocabulary in leaps and bounds. She surprises me every day with a word she knows. She recognizes her name in writing now so every time she sees it she says "Taylor" and nods. She is also saying that she's a "big girl", and when Carson rolls over she pats his back and says "good boy!" It's pretty funny.

I can't really think of anything else. It's just been insanity here with the sickness and obligations. My brain is a little foggy as the last few weeks has run together! I'll get some pics up when I can, I've been taking some, though not many the last week or so since it would be full of runny noses and baggy eyes. :)

Love to you all

No comments: