Friday 8 June 2007

Woohoo!

I actually felt well enough to go to the gym today! It was really nice, though I am tired now, and I started to feel a LITTLE nauseous at the end of the trip, but thats okay. I'm really starting to feel flabby and mushy after a few weeks away from working out. I know it's bound to happen, but already? Sheesh! I haven't gained anymore weight, but I can tell I'm losing a bit of muscle tone. Hopefully I can work on that a little more in the coming months.

I bought loads of fresh fruit at the market on Thursday and it's GOOD stuff! Cherries, Peaches, Oranges, Apricots and Strawberries to nibble on. Everything is ripe and sweet. It definitely hits the spot.

Work has been rough, I'm glad I only work 3 days a week right now, but they are SO long, and being on my feet all day just leaves me utterly exhausted. Tuesday through Thursday I do nothing but work, eat, sleep and pee. Story of my life. Speaking of pee (I bet you ALWAYS wanted to know this stuff about me) its increasing 10 fold. I wake up anywhere from two to five times during the night to relieve my bladder. I think this is my body's way of conditioning itself to life after childbirth. I just want a full nights sleep! I go crazy with that groggy, not sure which way is up feeling when I awake in the middle of the night. If its early enough in the morning, the birds are starting to sing loudly (around 4AM) and falling back asleep isn't easy.

Morning sickness is better this week, I've been chewing cinnamon gum and it seems to be doing the trick. I still get small waves here and there, but its not constant, and thats whats important! Less than a week now until our first ultrasound! I'm not showing yet, but I'm definitely thickening in the middle, not a pretty sight if you ask me! I seem to be losing the shape of what used to be my hips and waist, and morphing into something that looks like a giant amoeba, or perhaps the little green guy from ghostbusters (just not green, thank goodness). Okay, maybe not that bad, but theres definitely some change going on.

I'll update with more pictures this weekend. Can you believe I'll be 10 weeks on Sunday? Getting closer and closer to getting out of this first trimester. Time flies, yet at the same time, seems so slow. Until next time, ciao!

No comments: