Friday, 23 April 2010

Quick Update

Lets see, so much has gone on the last couple of weeks!

Last week, Wednesday, Carson had his MRI in the morning. He had to go under anesthesia for it, and he did fantastic! I kept waiting for them to roll a screaming baby back to me, but they opened the door and here was my little man tucked under the covers up to his neck just hangin' out looking around! He didn't cry until he saw me and realized what he had been missing. We still haven't gotten the results, so I'm hoping that's good news.

Also Wednesday, Drew had his big V. He did very well, I was surprised when he walked out to the car! We had the kids and no sitter so I dropped him off, and went across the street to PetSmart to look at the animals with Taylor, then came back to get him. I didn't want her running amok in the Drs. office so I kept her out busy. I thought they would wheel him to the pick up area, but no.. out he came.. frozen peas in hand!

He was pretty much recovered by Sunday though a bit sore.

Saturday, my Grandma Ivy, and Grandpa Ron came to visit from Nebraska! They spent until Wednesday with us and we had quite an enjoyable time. Grandpa had made another chair for the kids table so now Carson has one too! He also made us a cool magazine rack! It's going in the "library" for Drew's magazines ;).

We had a closet door that was broken, and Drew got another door to replace it, but hadn't gotten around to hanging it, so him and Grandpa spent a day doing that. Apparently everything that could go wrong, did so they had to keep doing little things to the door to finally get it to fit. Works like a charm now!!

They also hung rain gutters in the front of the house! It rained one day and the rain coming off the roof was tearing up our beds and Grandma and Grandpa said this will not do. They treated us to the gutter materials, and Grandpa directed Drew and together they put them up. It was quite a sight! I do have a few photos, I will get them up at some point. I think I'm behind back to Easter still!

Monday, Grandma and I drove to Monroe (about an hour and 15 minutes) to take Carson to the neurologist. I really liked him a lot. He was very impressed with my video of Carson's head drop episode (video is below), and agrees that it is indeed an issue. He said there are two types of head drop seizures, one is epileptic in nature, the other is not. He tried to get us in that day for a short EEG, but was unable to so we went back today (Friday). He did the rest of the exam and he said that he is 90% certain this is something he will grow out of. He's otherwise on track and strong. I'm hoping he's right!

Here's the video so you can see what we are talking about.

Okay, I started this post last night but never got to finish. .now it's Saturday night so trying to continue!

Tuesday I had to go to the dentist in the afternoon, and Wednesday, Grandma and Grandpa left us to head to Houston. Thursday I did a quick trip to Dallas to get a couple of things that we had been needing from Ikea, and of course my old faithful stops to The Container Store and Whole Foods. We now have clear counters to work with and a "utility bar" for all of our daily used appliances! Plus a place to store diaper bags, purses, and bibs!! I still need a photo of it though.

Friday I took Carson back to Monroe for his EEG. The tech was a bit concerned because normally EEG's on babies are done with them asleep, but the neuro wanted him awake, so she was afraid he was going to be really upset for the electrode placement, much less for two hours of recording! However, he was PERFECT. She said he did better than most of their 12 year olds! He was content and smiling while she was putting them on with glue and tape. He got a little fussy when she used the air to dry the glue especially towards the front of his head, but he just hung out, it took quite a bit to get them on, there were a lot!

After that we moved to the recording room where he was hooked up to the machines and they wrapped his head all up so eh couldn't pull out any of the wiring, and gave him a little strap for the smaller machine to be a little backpack on him. It was all wrapped up too so he could play with it and not worry about any of the wires coming out.

He also had a video camera on him for the 2.5 hours (I was sitting with him trying to make him have a drop episode). I'm not sure that he ever had a full one, but he might have done a couple of little ones. I hope so that way it will at least be recorded! It was a long 2.5 hours, but we made it through. He only got fussy a couple of times because he was getting tired but I gave him his paci and we played with more toys and he was better. But boy, he was asleep within 2 minutes of getting back in the car!

So now we wait for the results. Hopefully we will hear something soon, but I'm guessing we will have to wait until our recheck appointment on the 10th of May. That seems like a long time to wait!

Taylor is doing well. She's pretty much potty trained! She's been wearing panties during the day for a week and has only had a couple of accidents. We still put her in a diaper at night and at naptime, but otherwise she's doing great! We've even gone out to dinner, and gone for walks and been gone for a few hours at a time and she hasn't had any accidents!

Tomorrow we are going to the airshow, and Monday Drew goes back to work. I think he's sad that his leave is coming to an end, and I am too! I love spending time with him and so do the kids! I'm hoping to get a Mommy/Taylor day soon since I've been spending so much time with Carson lately taking him to Doctors and what not. I miss my baby girl! She's getting to be quite funny.

Oh yes, we noticed today that Carson is FINALLY Getting ready to cut his bottom teeth! There are two little holes where the teeth are starting to come up, but we can't actually see them. I'm guessing in the next couple of days they will be there.

Well, that's about it for now, just wanted to give everyone an update. I'll hopefully be able to get to those photos some what soon. Been working on some other projects around the house lately!

Love to you all,

No comments: