Sunday 15 July 2007

15 Weeks

Another rather uneventful week as far as pregnancy is concerned! I did start feeling like I had an itchy throat on Thursday, and by Friday night it was full blown sick with white patches, feeling like I was swallowing razor blades, and a bad headache. Yesterday I was still not feeling great so I slept on and off most of the day. Today I'm feeling much better in my throat, but it's moved down to my chest and I'm coughing up a lot of ugly stuff. If it doesn't start to clear up tomorrow I'll go to the doc and see if they can do anything for me.

Anyway, enough about me, what about baby??? Here's an excerpt from babycenter.com, and what they have to say about week 15!

"At around 4 inches long, crown to rump, your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 ounces. He's busy inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid, which will help develop the air sacs in his lungs. His legs are growing longer than his arms now, and he can move all his joints and limbs. That means his hands are more functional, too. Sweat glands are appearing, and although his eyelids are fused shut, he can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, he's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but his taste buds are beginning to form. And if you have an ultrasound, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or girl! (Don't be disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down the sex depends somewhat on how clear the picture is and the position of your baby during the ultrasound; he may be curled or turned in such a way as to keep you in suspense.)"

My appointment is next Monday to do more blood work and just a check up. I'll update more later!

No comments: