Thursday 17 January 2008

Update!

I know my posts have been few and far between since Taylor arrived, but man if we don't spend most of the day trying to catch up on sleep! Besides the sleeping issues, things are going fantastic! She eats well, poops and pees a lot, sleeps great during the day, not so much at night.

Her umbilical cord fell off a few days ago, and I can't find it! I noticed at bedtime one night it was starting to come off. When she got up to eat it was still there, then the next time she got up, it was gone, but it's missing! It wasn't in her bassinet, wasn't in our bed, wasn't on the floor, not in her diaper. I keep waiting to step on it, but not yet... not sure how an umbilical cord can just disappear! So weird.



We have her two week check up tomorrow, and my two week check up on Monday so I'll post after both of those and let you know how things are going!

We did a family outing to the grocery store today and all was well. I was going to go with just Taylor and I, but decided I wouldn't know what to do if I was standing in the middle of the store with a shopping cart full of groceries and she got hungry and started to cry. So, I asked Drew to go with me instead so in case of emergency he can finish shopping and I could go out to the car to feed her. I imagine someday I'll have to figure it out on my own though... just not today, lol. Drew goes back to work on Monday, so we'll be on our own for my doctors appointment.. just a little freaked out!

More tomorrow!

Love to you all!

No comments: