Sunday, 28 October 2007


So a lot has happened this week! Last time I posted I said, WE HAVE ORDERS! Now I'm in California! Imagine that! It's been a VERY busy week, so let me tell you about it!

Tuesday Drew and I got started getting things scheduled. I picked up my records from the OB. They actually gave me the WRONG ONES and I had to go back and get the right ones as there are TWO Jennifer Marie White's that are pregnant on base right now. After that I went to SATO to schedule my flight which they booked for Friday at 11:30. Drew went and got the housing stuff scheduled for pickup and did some other things he needed to start for out processing. Later that afternoon I had the dog and cat scheduled to get their Health Certificates for travel. Cossie got booked for his flight for the following Tuesday.

So I had a few days of preparing and packing and trying to get things in order, Friday morning Drew and I got up at 4:45AM, loaded my bags and the cat in the car and he drove me to Heathrow Airport. It's difficult to park there, so I just had him drop me off and I was struggling a little pulling all of my bags to the door to get a cart. I finally made it and stopped to try and get them loaded up and the first thing I did was DROP THE CAT! Poor baby. Her kennel fell face first on the concrete (luckily it didn't open up) and the small litter box I had in there and her food went flying everywhere. The poor cat was covered in litter and a little shaken, but was okay. I finally got everything loaded and went inside. When I got to the check in I found that they had changed the baggage requirements and I had one small bag too many, so I had to try and re-arrange everything at the counter and downsize. I was NOT happy and struggling a bit. They also would check in the cat (as it was first come first serve on pet spaces) but they wouldn't take her until 10AM. I also was suppose to put ice in her water bowl (another thing not mentioned on the website) so I had to haul her and my stuff upstairs to the bar to get some ice for her, then wait an hour and a half before they would take her.

At 10 I was down waiting and they finally took her back at about 10:20. By the time I got through security I literally had to RUN to my terminal and I was one of the last people on the plane, but I made it!

The flight was uneventful. I didn't have anybody next to me and I was in an isle seat so I was able to get up and walk around regularly. The flight was long and extremely boring, I didn't sleep much, but I finally made it! Auntie Bea picked me up at the airport and took me to Dad's, we all stayed up until 2AM chit chatting and I finally went to bed after not sleeping for about 27 hours! Then of course I was awake at 6AM since my body isn't used to the time change yet.

Dad had Auntie Bea, Myself and Leslie (who ended up refusing, so Dad joined us) for pedicures on Saturday afternoon.. and BOY was that nice! I now have cute pink toes and after the flight and drive the foot/leg massage was heaven! Dad took me shopping afterwards and got me a new maternity top and we got a couple of bras that fit me (well, we had to order them, but they should be here this week). When we got home we had lunch, then went to the movies to see Michael Clayton. It was a little hard to get into but it turned out to be a good movie! We came home and had some dinner, then off to bed I went about 10PM. Up again at 6 this morning!

We ran some errands this morning, went to the store got Cossie some dog food so we would be prepared for him on Tuesday. We got home, napped for about half an hour, then headed to Grandma's! She had been cooking all day and made a wonderful early Thanksgiving dinner.. a turkey, home made cranberry sauce, gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, Auntie Shawnda brought a fruit salad, there was even pumpkin pie! Everything was fantastic!

They also had a wonderful surprise of gifts for the baby! It was incredible all of the beautiful clothes and blankets, and towels that I received from the family. Before I opened gifts, Uncle Steve said a heartfelt prayer, it really hit home, and I cried as I am so thankful for my wonderful family, the fact that I got to be here to spend some time with them, the love that they show me, at the same time I wish Drew was here to enjoy it with me as well. I really miss him a lot and cant wait until the 15th when we meet in Louisiana.

I'm not sure what the rest of the week holds, I know it's going to be busy! We'll pick Cossie up at the airport on Tuesday night.. I'm so nervous about his flight! Everybody is looking forward to having him here though, so I know he'll be in good hands.

On the baby front.. I'm 30 weeks today, 10 weeks left! The baby seems to have taken the trip well, she's still really active and kicking me in the ribs as I type. I have a bit of a sore throat and acid reflux, maybe a combination from sitting on a plane with recycled air for 11 hours, travel, time changes and food I haven't had in a long time! I'm hoping that it gets better quick though.

Drew is shipping Cossie on Tuesday (well, dropping him off to be shipped on Monday), the car ships on Tuesday. Housing pick up comes on the 8th and 9th. His final out is on the 12th for the house, and he will fly to Louisiana on the 15th and land a couple of hours before me. I'm going to Mom's in Merced from the 6th to the 12th or 13th, then will be back for my flight on the 15th. I'll keep posting in the meantime with updates of what's going on, and try to keep with my regular Sunday blogs! I know I'm due to post a picture today, but I didn't have a chance to get one, so I'll post one as soon as I can! I hope everybody is well and I'm so glad things are finally moving along!


Alex said...

Oh my goodness you've gone!!!!!!!!!!! wow that was super quick once your orders came threw. I bet is just lovely to see your dad and family?

Lucky you, you will be soooo spoilt, lots of hugs to you and I hope everything goes well for you in the next couple of weeks before you see Drew again, xx

Amora said...

HOLY MOLY! I was not expecting this at all! Talk about a quick move!

Glad to hear you're doing well and things are finally falling into place for you and the family. It's also great that you get to spend such special times with relatives.

Take care!

Amity said...

Glad that youre back in the states Jen! I'm sure seeing your family was amazing for you and them.

Jennifer Magreevy said...

Glad to hear you got there in one did Eibach handle the rest of the trip? Keep updating...and please keep in touch!! :-)