Wednesday 26 March 2008

Is it Wednesday already???

Another busy week so far for us here! I went to my optometrist appointment yesterday and apparently my eyes have gotten bad! I went from being a 2 in one eye and a 2.5 in the other eye, to 2.75 in one, and 3.25 in the other, yikes! She said, well you're still legal to drive... BARELY. I hope that meant with my glasses off, not on! So, I ordered some new glasses since I've had these lenses and frames for 3.5 years now, they've about had it. Of course since my vision is so bad I had to pay extra for the thin lenses so they would fit in the frames and not be coke-bottle bottoms. Drew said he's not sure he could handle me having coke-bottle bottoms.. ha! Silly guy.

After that I went to Weight Watchers to weigh in and I lost 4.8 lbs.! Woohoo!!! I guess I did pretty good last week! Plus it was my first week really back on plan so loss is usually a little more then. I don't know if Drew has gotten on the scale yet to see how he's done. I've got him eating better too, and he's actually listening to my suggestions!

Taylor is still sleeping through the night. She sleeps about 8 hours at a stretch, followed by another 2 or 3. She's been going to bed about 9 (if she naps during the day), and getting up at 5. then going back to bed until 7 or 8. Last night she went to bed at 8, so she was up at 4, but then slept again until 8 so it's okay. It's currently 4pm and she's been napping for about 15 minutes now.

I'm already getting a little crazy now that we are back since it seems like I never have time to do any of my hobbies any more, and I don't really know anybody . I'm kind of a walking narrator in a monologue most of the time. It was to be expected I guess, but I'm taking it a little harder than I thought I would! So to help me out we're setting up a schedule so that I get a couple hours 2 or 3 days a week to do my own thing (stamp, photography, sleep! etc,) and Taylor gets full attention Daddy time! Where they can go on walks, or do some play time, story or tummy time, or baths so Daddy gets to do some of the things that Mommy usually does all day, and Taylor gets good quality Daddy time.

I've also been talking to a few of people in a wives group from the base. A couple of them have babies Taylors age, and a couple have dogs! All of which we can relate, so hopefully I'll actually get a chance to meet up with some of them. That will be nice for both Taylor and I (and maybe Cossie too!). Speaking of Cossie, he's been absolutely wonderful with Taylor. He's gentle, and protective. Worries abuot her when she cries, checks on her when shes' sleeping in her crib. It's too cute, I'll put her down and every once in a while he walk in her room and look into her crib to make sure she's okay, then walk back out.

I spoke with the puppy breeder yesterday for a couple hours. She's so sweet and loooves talking about Danes! She has sent pics too, so here's the pics of the pups! We don't know which is ours yet, she's watching their temperaments and has two of the four boys that match what we are looking for (calm, and laid back like Cossie). Here's some pics for you:


Okay, I'm off to put in one last faucet, and do acouple things around the house while Taylor is napping. I'm still working on Zoo pics!

3 comments:

Amity said...

I didn't know you were getting another dog! Brave woman Jen! :o) Dan got a puppy back in december... Bentley is 5 months old and already 49lbs! It's nuts how big he's getting. Hope all is well.

Betty said...

Jen, Congrants in your weight lost!
I totally understand how you feel about not having time for yourselve and not having freinds around because I feel in the same way. Now, that my in laws are gone I will give you a call tomorrow and if you want we can start walking together. I really need a freind, sometimes if I don't call you is becuase I don't want to bother you. Please let me know if you want to start walking with me.

Jennifer Magreevy said...

Don't worry...I'm about that blind, too. :-) And those puppies are too cute!!! Cossie needs a partner in crime, Lord knows Eibach isn't going to be that!!