Friday, 11 July 2008

Nothing much to report

Well it's been a pretty uneventful week.

Drew was working day shift this week, so Alan and I hung out and did things around the house. On Wednesday night we were all suppose to go out for Cajun so we could make sure Alan got a "taste of the south" before he leaves. We were all ready to go and Drew called and was going to work late. He told us to go ahead and go without him. So Alan and I went and brought home lots of leftovers so when Drew got home he got to try both meals! It was pretty good stuff.

The place we went to was called Ralph and Kacoos, they were very friendly there. Lots of the waitresses came to see Taylor and tell us how cute she was. There was a huge fishtank behind me so I went to turn her around to see the fish and she grabbed my glass and dumped diet coke all over me and the table so that was kind of embarrassing. Luckily it was over half way gone so it wasn't TOO bad. Once she saw the fish she really liked them though!

I have a doctors appointment on Monday to get my finger checked out. I still can't bend it, some swelling that has never gone away, and it's still numb. I've got a few other things to ask about too while i'm there so hopefully it's a productive appointment since they are so hard to get.

Tuesday is Taylors 6 month checkup, I'm excited about that . It will be interesting to see how much she weighs now! She's been eating great, she gobbles up food and we haven't really found anything she doesn't like yet.

Alan goes back to CA a week from Tuesday, I will be sad to see him go. He's been a tremendous help while he has been here, and it's been nice to spend time with my brother. I think Drew has enjoyed him here as well, they are like two peas in a pod when it comes to video games and car stuff. Crazy guys!

No major plans for the weekend. If I wake up early enough tomorrow I might go down to the market in Shreveport and pick up some fresh fruit and vegetables. They have HUGE zucchini there, and sell blueberries by the quart for cheap. I have blueberries or strawberries in my steel cut oats every morning so I like to have a stock of fresh ones! Holden also starts puppy class tomorrow afternoon, so we'll see how that goes! He's about 60 lbs. already so he'll probably be much bigger than the rest of the 4 month old pups there!

Oh yeah! I did start a project.. dog beds! Cossie's bed is getting flat and Holden's is already shot. There are cot style beds called Kuranda beds that are really nice ,but very expensive. During a search I found instructions on how to make them yourself for about $40, so we got the stuff today to try and make one and see how it comes out. I have to order the material online since it has to be very strong and I couldn't find any locally. It might be a week or so before I actually finish one. I hope it comes out! If it does, it should be the only bed he'll ever need as it's virtually indestructible.

Well, off for now... to bed for me. Hope you all had a great week!

No comments: