Thursday 17 July 2008

Tricare talk didn't go so well.

So I went back to Tricare yesterday to ask them about going to a civilian pediatric clinic and they again told me that I was required to use the one on base unless it was an emergency. I told them that my friend just came in and asked for one and got it and the lady started getting snippity with me telling me that I didn't know their situation and no I couldn't have a referral. So sorry I asked, sheesh.

I left, then came home where I started researching and kept finding conflicting information. Even the manual wasn't specific! I finally went to the tricare online website (which had been down for the last few days) to find that if we live 30 minutes from an MTF (Military Treatment Facility) then we MUST use the MTF for care. So that really just makes me not happy. I guess that teaches me a lesson, right? Ugh.

So anyway, I guess I'll just add that to the list of things that we should have been told upon arriving (right there next to, "hey, don't park your car on this block when it rains because it always floods"). I must admit that this base has not impressed me thus far where their communication, information and procedures are concerned.

Alright, taking a deep breath and moving on!

I've been trying to figure out what to do with a left over pallet of bricks from the house we've had sitting in the backyard making an unattractive statue for a while, and settled on making a border for a plant/flower bed. I layed out the brick in the backyard today so I know where I'll have to dig my little trench (i'm going to attempt to put the brick even with the grass). I don't know when i'll get to it except during naptimes, but we'll see. At least the plan is in place.

Alan and I head to Lafayette tomorrow evening and then on to New Orleans on Saturday. We'll take lots of pics! I don't know if i'll have much to post before we get back, but I'll definitely post when we return!

Hope everyone is having a great week.

1 comment:

Jennifer Magreevy said...

Wow, that's crappy! I'll have to keep that in mind when we move...so what if Jason has a commute. At least I won't have to deal with military!! Ironically, when living in Colorado, we lived within 30 minutes of FOUR military hospitals...and they still told me I had to go off-base for care. I couldn't even go on base for teeth cleaning or anything. So it might be specific bases as well. Best of luck to you, regardless!!