Tuesday 10 February 2009

Sick, Sick, Sick!

Well it's been an eventful couple of days here!

Yesterday morning I got up and had breakfast (cream of wheat made with milk, brown sugar, walnuts and dried cranberries) while I fed Taylor. About an hour later I was feeling kind of dizzy and slightly nauseous. I thought maybe it was just more morning sickness and stayed curled up on the couch cuddling with Taylor.

About an hour after that she fell asleep in my arms and I got up to put her in her crib and almost fell over. I got her to her crib and immediately had to run to throw up, and continued until there was nothing left in my stomach. I crawled into bed with the room still spinning. I called to cancel the walk I had scheduled with my friend that afternoon and was dialing the OB when Drew came in and told me the milk was bad. Ugh!! I never noticed that it tasted funny but my taste buds haven't exactly been up to par lately anyway.

I slept for a couple of hours and was feeling better, though it took a while longer to get completely back to normal.

Also the past couple of days we noticed that Taylor has been extra cuddly and her appetite has been down a bit. We thought maybe it was her teeth until last night when she started to run a bit of a fever. I gave her a bit of Tylenol and she went to bed a little later than normal as she fought sleep for a while.

About 3 in the morning she started vomiting and woke up. Drew was trying to get her back to sleep but she wasn't going so I got up to try. About 4am I was sooooo tired, so Drew switched with me to get her down the rest of the way. She woke up again at 5:30, and again at 7:30 obviously not feeling well.

Drew got up with her this morning and was trying to feed her breakfast and he came and woke me up about 8 to tell me she was throwing up everything he was giving her (and he wasn't feeling so hot himself). She refused to eat so we sat on the couch and I gave her some pedialyte which the first little bit she vomited up, but was able to hold down small amounts after that. No music class for us today! Drew went back to bed hoping he would wake up feeling better.

She took a couple of short naps and still refused to eat but would sip on water and pedialyte. I had put a call in to the nurses station and they called back and pretty much just said to keep her hydrated and watch out for a few things. She's been pretty subdued all day long, she ate a little bit of banana around 2:30 and vomited that up, so we held off any food again for a while. This evening she finally held down some cheerios and a bit of applesauce with no vomiting so that's good. She did have a little bit of loose stool but not completely watery.

Drew ended up going to the base hospital to see if he could get put on quarters for the evening. He also was having issues from both ends so he came home and went back to sleep. Him and Taylor napped on the couch while I ran and took Holden to dog class.

I snapped a quick pic as I was leaving because they looked so cute (albeit sick, poor things!)



On a somewhat happy note, we're probably going to go look at some cars this weekend. The Zx2 is having some problems and it's starting to become unreliable. Not to mention it has no back seats (and if it did one infant seat barely fits in it). We've managed to get another year out of it after the flood so we feel pretty pleased with that. So we're going to look for a slightly used 4 door econocar that will hopefully last as us as long as the Z did (or longer!). We'll probably still keep the Zx2 so Drew has something to mess with when he has the time. We'll see I guess.

Well I'm off to bed, don't know how long I'm going to have to sleep since Taylor isn't feeling well still. Hopefully her appetite is up tomorrow. She's so small as it is it makes me nervous when she doesn't eat. I have to get up at 7 as well to take Holden to get neutered and tacked. Hope that all goes well!

Post again when I can.

Me

2 comments:

{Sarah Coyle} said...

Oh I hope they feel better SUPER soon.

Jennifer Magreevy said...

Goodness, what a couple days you've had! Hope everyone is feeling better soon...and good luck finding a car and retiring the ZX2. :-)