Saturday 11 July 2009

Sick, but finished for now.

Well we all came down with sickies this weekend! I woke up this morning feeling like I had been hit by a Mack truck. Congestion, sore throat, coughing, sneezing, headache, blah. Drew isn't feeling that hot either and Taylor has had a runny nose which we thought was maybe allergies until I woke up sick too. She doesn't seem to have any other symptoms, but that nose leaks like a sieve.

On a better note, I finished the nursery for now. The crib was delivered on Friday. It's slightly darker than I had hoped it would be, but it still works I suppose. We'll have to move the glider back into our bedroom since it wont all fit once the dresser comes. He wont sleep in there at first anyway, heck, we are still getting Taylor to sleep in there! She's been putting up a bit of a fight again, but I think maybe because she's not feeling 100%.

We have been having a lot of success with her potty training! I haven't really had to do much at all really, she just runs up and says poop! So we take her to the potty and she goes pee, lol. I did catch her concentrating yesterday and asked her if she had to go poopoo and she said yes, so we went into the bathroom and she did actually go poopie in there, yay! She got lots of praise and high fives. I think she gets just as excited to go as we did. I think we only changed two diapers total today (one first thing this AM, and the other late this afternoon). I'm hoping it continues this way, she's making it easy for us!

Anyway, here's the pics of the nursery, and also a bad pic of my 33 week belly. I keep meaning to ask Drew to take one for me but we always forget until he's gone for work so I just did another reflection in the mirror. Everyone keeps telling me how "tiny" I am, but I sure feel like a whale! This kid moves around a lot and he's determined to get out one way or another! Is it August yet????




My OB appointment is Wednesday so we'll see how things are going. Oh, and I signed Taylor back up for music class! We start in August, so she might miss a week or two when the baby comes, but hopefully Drew will be able to take her so she still since he'll be off. She really enjoyed those classes so I'm excited for her to go again.

No comments: