Friday, 17 July 2009


Well, I've been sick this whole week. I haven't been able to breathe, my ears have been clogged, my vision is even not quite right, I can't think straight and BOY AM I EXHAUSTED!

I've been trying to get out to do things anyway since Taylor has been giving me a hard time at home and I can't keep up with her. At least if we are out and about she is entertained and staying out of trouble.

Monday we went to playgroup. There was an ice cream social at a local park. Now, this sounds fun, right? Well, it was, but at the same time even at 10AM it was over 90 degrees with 60% humidity so you can imagine how fast ice cream melted! There was only CHOCOLATE as well, so boy what a mess we had. On the list, there was a choice of bowls or cones so I figured I'd just get a bowl and help Taylor eat hers. Unfortunately somebody handed her a cone before I had a chance to make a bowl request and guess who forgot a bib?? Oh well!! I ended up using a wipe as a makeshift bib and it helped a little bit.

Here's pics from the event!!

Yum! Ice Cream!

Chocolate Face!
Playing on the step
My little social butterfly (okay, really a first!)

Yeah! Dirt!!
Tuesday I think we just tried to take it easy for the most part.

Wednesday was my OB appointment. Routine, routine, routine. I gained right around 2lbs, my BP was 103/64, my pee stick was all normal, measuring right on track, baby had a good HR of 145 bpms. Next checkup is in 2 weeks! The 29th at 9:45 again.

Also Wednesday, Holden hadn't been feeling well for a couple of days but had seemed better. Well apparently he wasn't! He was out in the back and I caught him eating poop again (yuck, yuck, yuck!) then he came in and was hanging out on the kitchen floor where he normally does. He likes the tile because it's cool. All of a sudden I hear SPLAT, and I look behind me and Holden puked up all of his breakfast, the poo log he had just eaten, and of course the heartworm pill he had gotten earlier as well! Talk about STINK! I yelled for help from Drew who was getting ready for work and he came out and rescued me. He originally thought my water broke because he heard the splat also and then I called for help, haha. Not yet, not yet.

Anyway, he got it cleaned up for me and I started mopping, and he went to work. 20 minutes later, Holden started hurling all over the house again. The carpet, the tile, blargh! I put Taylor in her high chair to keep her out of it (she was walking around going UCK! UCK!) and she decided that wasn't good for her and started screaming. So I ran next door to Betty's to see if she could hang on to Taylor while I got the house cleaned up and made sure Holden was okay. He seemed alright, a little bit of a temperature, but considering it was 100 degrees outside it wasn't surprising. Everything else checked out so I held is food for the night and he seemed back to normal by Thursday.

Also last weekend, the photographer that I work with on occasion e-mailed me and asked me if I could cover the photos for a retirement party and retirement for a 31 yr. Chief MSgt on base. I didn't really want to because it's not a situation that I'm comfortable doing, but he was desperate for cover so I agreed. One was for Thursday night, the other for this morning.

Drew got Thursday night off so I could do the shoot and I met him at the Officer's club where hte party was and we switched cars and kid. He had left the sunroof vented and the windows cracked so it wouldn't be 500 degrees when I came out to leave later. Well about 2 hours into the party it started storming something fierce! There was thunder and lightning, and heavy downpours. I was right in the middle of a part of the party that I HAD to be there taking photos for, so I couldn't escape. When it got done I bolted out to the car which was completely soaked inside. Blargh!

I ended up driving home very slowly due to the storming, my stuffy head and the fact that I was just plain tired! I'd been having sporadic contractions all night and the baby seems to find a comfortable spot that sends shooting pains through my abdomen. Luckily when I got home and laid down, the contractions stopped.

This morning I got up and took Taylor next door to Betty's while I went to do the retirement shoot. The car was still wet inside so I was all wet by the time I got there. Hopefully it wasn't too obvious as I was walking around in front of everybody to take pics. I finished at noon and came home. It was just about time for Taylor's nap, so I brought her home and we gave her some lunch and put her in bed. Of course she didn't think it was naptime! She played in her crib for an hour and a half but then decided to scream and not sleep. I knew she would be exhausted but she absolutely refused.

We were out of dog food so I loaded her up and we went to get food for them and she fell asleep for the last 10 minutes before we got home and that was all the nap she got today. By the time bedtime came she was overtired so she had a 45 minute screaming fit. I finally picked her up and rocked her and she was dozing off so I told her I was going to put her in her crib and she nodded. I put her down and she started crying again right away so I just traced her face with my hand for about 3 minutes and she was out cold! Whew.

And that brings us to now, where I've been sitting here processing these photos all night and have barely made a dent. Hopefully I can finish up Thursday nights tonight, and Friday's tomorrow and be done with it!

Tomorrow morning Betty is throwing a little baby shower/get together brunch for me at her house so I'll go to that and we are hoping to relax that rest of the weekend and hopefully get better! I'm so tired of being congested and my brain not working. Taylor still has a runny nose too, though she doesn't seem to have any other symptoms. Drew has a 3 day weekend so he'll be here too, yay!

Anyway, here are some photos to share, some that I've been meaning to post for oh.. A MONTH!

See her dimple?

Hugging Holden when he didn't feel well.

This was the house we stayed in when we were in Tahoe for Matt's wedding.

Papa and TaylorFrom the wedding.

The beautiful bride and I with our baby bellies.

Taylor cutie patootie

Dancing with Cynthia.
Eating her first corn on the cob:

Hangin' out with Great Grandma nad Great Grandpa
Our budding artist

I think that's it for now, just wanted to try and get some pics posted while I could!! Back to processing. Hope everybody is doing well!

No comments: