Friday, 31 July 2009

Today's Videos

I FINALLY got Taylor on video doing her animal sounds. We left out a couple that she knows, but you get the picture, lol. The other is of my baby belly going crazy earlier this afternoon. He moves like this usually for an hour or so late morning/early afternoon, and in the evening for a couple of hours.

Just wanted to share the videos, I don't have much to report. I had a weird scare this afternoon where I looked up and all of a sudden I had a large blind/distorted spot in my vision. It lasted for about 20-25 minutes or so but it did go away. I called my Mom first, and she suggested changing positions to see if the baby would move, that maybe he was putting pressure on a nerve that affected my optical nerve, or maybe an optical migraine and to call the OB.

So I called the OB office to have a nurse call me back and make sure that I shouldn't go in for anything. I haven't had any blood pressure issues at all so I wasn't TOO concerned it was that, but the fact that it hadn't gone away yet (at the time I called) kind of freaked me out! Well that call was pretty well useless. The on call "nurse" that called me back told me (in your slowest raspy southern accent, interjected with smokers cough) that "it's hard to say, you know, but if you are still having it in the morning you should, you know, maybe go to urgent care and make sure it's not an infection or somethin' ". Thank. You. Click.

Not a word about whether it may or may not be related to the pregnancy, though I did tell her up front that I hadn't had any blood pressure issues at all, which she didn't actually acknowledge that she heard but whatever.

After googling optical migraine (thank goodness for the internet), it sounded exactly like what I was experiencing. It went away completely shortly after getting off the phone and hasn't come back. I'll mention it at my next appointment, but otherwise I guess I wont worry. It just freaked me out since I have so many new and different things happening with this pregnancy that I didn't have with Taylor!

Anyway, that's enough about that! Just trying to take it easy tonight and waiting for Drew to get home from work. I'm glad it's the weekend because I'm having a heck of a time doing a lot of the up and down, picking up, helping, etc. with Taylor. I need to go find her a little step stool to see if she can get up on the potty herself!

We start Music classes next Wednesday again so I'm excited for that, we LOVE music class! We have a playgroup meetup on Tuesday I think as well, otherwise next week looks pretty uneventful.

Oh yeah! After I posted this I remembered something new that happened this week. Taylor figured out she can climb out of her crib, OH YAY! We TOTALLY were not prepared for this as she hasn't showed any signs of trying to get out up until this point. I was watching her on the monitor and all of a sudden she was straddling the top rail sizing up the distance to the floor. Sooooo, for now we turned the crib around so the short rail is facing the wall until we decide what we are going to do. One option is to get a crib tent, but I don't know if it will work with her style of crib, the other option is to convert it to the toddler bed but I don't know if she (or we) are ready for that. She still likes to get into everything, and while there isn't much in her room she can get to, I can picture her pulling all of her clothes out of her dresser and using the drawers as steps to climb up on the top and changing her own diaper or something like that.

I guess we really wont know until we try it, but I'm not looking forward to it. I think she will only try and climb out of her crib if she doesn't want to go to bed, which it's about 60/40 right now (60% of the time she goes down just fine, the other 40% she pitches a fit). I just don't want to chance her falling and injuring herself, of course she might only do that once!

Okay, now I'm off.

Tah Tah for now!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer Magreevy said...

I get migraines that start with optical problems: either a large blind spot or a sqiggly line that moves around. Typically they go away within 20-30 minutes...only to be replaced with horrid pain. So I'm glad you just had the blind spot and not the pain! Best bet, if you get those again, is to try and lie down if you can and keep your eyes closed. I get rather nauseated with them, so I need to lie down. Of course, with a toddler and a soon-to-be infant...kinda hard for ya. :) Hopefully you won't have to deal with them at all, those migraines suck! Ugh, I feel one coming on just typing this up. :(