Thursday 7 August 2008

Little Miss Movie Go-er

Drew had the day off yesterday for having weekend duty, so we decided to go out for dinner and try and catch the movie we missed last weekend. The catch? Taylor was going with us.

Dinner was good (a good little mexican place down the road), and then we headed off to the movie. We made it in plenty of time this time around! We went in and sat next to the exit so I could make a quick getaway if she got fussy. I could feel the eyes on us of people probably thinking, oh great, they brought a baby! She had a clean diaper, we had a pacifier and a bottle ready to go just in case.

About 30 minutes into the movie she started getting squirmy, even with the bottle, and I thought she was going to start fussing soon so I got up and stood in the hall by the door so I could still see most of the movie but I could bolt out if she started crying. Within about 2 minutes she was asleep!

I went back and sat down and she slept through the next 2 hours of the movie, only waking up with about 10 minutes to go and she sat quietly while it finished. I couldn't believe it. The movie was so loud too, it makes me wonder why the dog bark wakes her up!

Also yesterday I went to my OT and PT appointments and I got released from both of them! I need to continue my exercises, but they both feel I don't need to go back, so that's exciting.

Tomorrow morning we have a consult with the orthopedic vet to have him look at Holden's x-rays and see what he thinks. We're starting off with the injections anyway just because it will help protect the joint against further damage even if it doesn't fix it. I'm anxious to hear what he has to say. All I know is that it's been a BUSY couple of weeks!

Uh oh, Taylor is getting sleepy so I better see if she wants to read a book and go to bed. Hope all is well! I have a couple pictures that I'll upload in a bit.

-Jen

1 comment:

Jennifer Magreevy said...

That's okay...my husband can fall asleep at a firework display, sitting in a packed OB clinic, at family reunions...but will wake up if I say the word "huh" while surfing the net and say, "What are you looking at??" So enjoy whatever times she does sleep...and glad you guys got to enjoy a movie!