Friday 1 August 2008

TGIF!

Wow, I didn't think Friday would ever come, but at the same time, it was so busy I don't know what happened!

Monday started off with my PT and OT. I got up a little earlier to go to the gym before.

Tuesday was Weight Watchers, where I stayed the same. However after our Anniversary dinner at Red Lobster, and girls night out at the Cheesecake Bistro, I was more than happy to stay the same! Taylor still didn't want to go to sleep tonight, but she finally did fall asleep and slept through the night.

Wednesday I had another appointment in the morning and some errands to run before getting home to Drew. Taylor fell asleep easy this time and woke up twice but only for a minute before sleeping the rest of the rest of the way through the night.

Thursday I had a dentist appointment in the morning. It didn't go so well. I have a cracked molar, and one with a big chip in it that both need crowns. Ugh! I go back in a couple of weeks to get started at least on the cracked one. Holden was limping all day yesterday as well, pretty bad. I thought maybe he got hurt wrestling with Cossie, and he was keeping pretty quiet so I figured we'd watch him until today to see how he did. Taylor went to bed easy at 8 last night, but woke up at 10:30 and didn't go back to sleep until 4AM! Blargh!

Today I got up 4 hours later at 8 am to get ready to go to the gym and my PT/OT again. I let Holden out to go potty and he was still limping pretty bad so I called and scheduled him an appointment for the afternoon. Then off to the gym; I decided to try one of the classes called BodyBlast, which targets all of the muscles. Wow. Kicked. My. Behind. It hasn't even been 24 hours and I'm feeling muscles I never knew existed! After that I went to PT and OT where my physical therapist tortured me some more as well. The good news is that my back is feeling much better with all these core exercises they have me doing.

When I got home, I loaded up Taylor and Holden to take him to the vet. Of course by then the limping was hardly noticeable but I had gotten it on video before so I brought it with me to show the Doc. She came into examine him and noticed he had pain on both sides in his shoulders. They took a couple of x-rays and much to my surprise, the diagnoisis, is not a good one. He should be okay, but it's going to take a while and possibly surgery. He has what's called OCD, or Osteochondritis Dissecans. Here is a blurb on OCD:


http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?articleid=464


We are going to try the conservative method first. There is a regimine that has had a wonderful success rate with OCD in Danes so after the initial bout of anti-inflammatories to ease his discomfort now I will be disucssing with the vet about going forward with the other treatment. Hopefully we can get through it without needing surgery. In the meantime we have to keep him quiet, no zoomies for him.

Drew has weekend duty this weekend, then Taylor has her "6 month" checkup on Monday. Again at 7:50, I'm setting 3 alarms this time, just in case.

That's all for now, I do have pictures, I'll get them up hopefully tonight. Taylor just woke up again... I think she's teething.

No comments: