Friday 21 August 2009

Nursery and Contractions

Well, I thought last night MIGHT be the night. I was feeling nauseous all day and had lots of pain and pressure. Around 6pm I started having contractions every 5 minutes, though they weren't incredibly painful they definitely were different from the Braxton-Hicks contractions I had been having. They started low in my abdomen and wrapped around my back with a cramping sensation.

I called the nurse and she said to lay down (which I was already doing) and drink some water and if they get stronger over the next hour to go to L&D. Of course I hung up the phone with her had two more, then they fizzled out. I had a couple of more before bed, but nothing consistent and even got a pretty good nights sleep.

So, today, back to the wait!

We got up and I took Taylor to Jumpin' Jupiter (a building full of bounce houses/castles), for playgroup. She had a bad experience last time so I wasn't sure how she would do, but after about 15 minutes she opened up a little and at least started running around playing with some other things that were on the floor, though she didn't care to go in the bounce castles again. I went in one with her and down a slide but that was enough for her. Maybe next time it will only take her 10 minutes to get playing! We stayed for an hour and a half before heading home.

Drew was suppose to do a 5K this morning but it was raining so it got canceled. So while I took Taylor to JJ, he stayed home and mowed the lawn and finally hung the valences in the kids room. I was debating if I wanted to do the split theme like the rest of the room or get a neutral valence to put across the 3 windows. I figured since I already had the two that matched their bedroom sets I'd start there and if I thought it looked incredibly tacky I can always change it later. I don't know, what do you think???

I still need to get letters for baby boy's name to go over his crib but I want to wait until it's on his birth certificate before I do it, lol. Also not sure if you can see the pink writing under Taylors name, but it says "Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice", and I have one in blue that says Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails that will go under his name. I'm pretty excited! I also got them matching first year picture frames that I will fill with photos eventually!


No big plans for the weekend, just waiting until Monday for my appointment, maybe finish hanging shelves in the craft room and getting the room ready for Mom next weekend! We're almost down to the final week! YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Will keep everyone posted with what's going on.

-Jen

No comments: