Sunday 23 December 2007

Baby Stuff

Since we now have a car big enough, we finally picked up some furniture!

We got the crib today, which is a lifetime crib. It converts from a crib to a toddler bed, to a full size bed. We also ordered the matching dresser which will be here in a week or two. None of the stores in a 200 mile radius had them in stock, bummer! The crib is REALLY solid and gorgeous! We love it! We went with the natural color because it seemed to hold up to wear and tear the best. We looked at all the different finishes in the store, and the dark and white finishes showed dents, bumps and scratches a lot, but the natural they seemed to blend in. Since this crib should be with us for a long time, we wanted to make sure it would stay looking nice.



We also got a glider chair, and it's super comfy! Drew was putting it together and one of the arms didn't have holes for the screw and lock to go in, so he had to go back to the store and swap out the part... then the one he got had holes, but they were off a little. He made it fit for now and it's solid, but we're going to call the company tomorrow and see if they will send us a new arm.


That was what we got today, but this is some of the other baby stuff we've gotten. It's so exciting, but I'll be even more excited to actually USE it! The Travel System.. it's a stroller, carrier/infant car seat. The base (on the floor) goes into the car, and the carrier locks into it, and also locks into the stroller, so if the baby is sleeping, we wont have to wake her up to get her in and out of the car. Amazing the things they come up with these days! You should have seen Drew and I with all the different strollers and travel systems in the store. We were trying them all out, pushing them up and down the isles to see which ones were the most comfortable and "handled" the nicest. Such weirdos!

The swing.. this was more of a luxury than anything, but I hear the Mom's rave about it. Most of the ladies in my pregnancy group (that have already popped!) have one, and can't say enough good things about it. It's the Natures Touch Papasan swing. It swings front to back (positioned in the picture) and it also rotates at the top and swings side to side. It plays music or nature sounds and the leaves and stuff turn at the top. The tray comes off as well.
The Pack N' Play will be great for travel, but we also had it in case she came while we were still in the hotel, and before we got a crib. We'll probably use it at first also, because it has a bassinet addition and a changing table! The changing portion flips up (in the second picture), can be removed, and the bassinet portion comes out, so when she's big enough we can convert it to just the play yard. The little control on the side is a little light, so we can peek in on her in the dark without having to turn the overhead lights on, it also controls music/more nature sounds (that seems to be a popular feature), and it also turns on a light vibration which is under the bassinet pad. I guess it's suppose to be relaxing for them.. We have it in our room now next to the bed, just awaiting a baby!



I'll post more of the nursery when it gets finished, but all this talk about baby stuff and I hadn't produced any pics yet! I can't wait for everything to get completed, but I know it will take some time. I think we've done pretty good for the time and space constraints we've had, and having to have a process for everything this last couple of months.

We want to send a big gigantic thank you and hugs to our family who have been so supportive in so many ways during this transition for us. We feel like our appreciation can't be expressed enough in words, but please know that we are extremely grateful. I knew it wasn't going to be easy, and we've had a few set backs, and definitely a bit of stress, but it's all coming together. It couldn't have been done without you. I feel truly blessed to have such incredible people in my life.

Okay, now that I'm all emotional (it's those hormones I tell you), I'm off to bed. It's 11pm (yikes!) and since I've been waking up at 6 every morning (so not typical of me), I better try and get some sleep. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow morning at 10:45 , and I have to stop at the store and get the last few ingredients I need for Christmas dinner. When I get home I'll update with what the doc says! Progress maybe? Who knows!

Oh! I did have a few really strong contractions last night. The kind that made me wince and go ooooowwwww..... they lasted a little over a minute, and were about 5-10 minute apart, but there was only a few, then they went away. I had a few more sporadic light contractions before bed, but nothing even worth timing. Drew made me giggle a little bit because with that first big one, he whipped out his timer on his cell phone to start timing how far apart they were.. then he realized he hadn't packed HIS hospital bag yet, and went to do it. I think he'll be a good support person!

I didn't have much in the way of contractions today, and actually very little pain anywhere else either, which was a nice change! Drew is going to snap a new photo of me tomorrow, my belly is huge now! Well, compared to what it has been anyway. It sticks WAY out, and I rub it all the time because it's like a foreign object, lol. Okay, I'm really off to bed now, I hope everybody had a good weekend, and hey, tomorrow is Christmas Eve! I can't wait until next year when we can have a tree and lights, and all that good stuff!

Until tomorrow... ta ta!

No comments: