Thursday 6 December 2007

My Doctor Appointment!

Wow, today was the longest appointment ever! The doctor sat with me in his office for about 45 minutes going over all my records so he could update my chart with his office and make sure all my history was covered. After that I went and did my pee sample and went into the exam room.

The nurse came in and checked my sample, normal! Blood pressure was 112/70, HR was 74 bpms. All normal. The doctor came in and did a physical on me, he measured my belly and guess what, I'm still measuring big! He said he wanted to send me to get an ultrasound because he thinks based on my chart information, my previous ultrasound and my measurement that I'm a little further along and he wants to get a measurement of the baby. He did my Group B strep test and checked my cervix. I'm a finger-tip dilated, he didn't say if I was effaced or not, and I didn't think to ask at the time so I'm assuming that I'm not. He said the cramps I'm having are normal and have to do with my cervix dilating.

I headed back to get the ultrasound, she still has 2 legs, 2 arms, I got another picture of her face. The U/S tech commented that her legs were really long and asked if Dad was tall.. yep! She measured her head circumference and her middle. She's estimated at about 6.5 lbs. right now, with a due date of December 31st (which personally I think is more accurate anyway). She tried to check and make certain that she was a girl, but she had her foot in the way and wouldn't move it, so we're going to have to still assume that the first U/S was correct!

Anyway, things are moving a long. I have another appointment next Wednesday at 10:45 to see how things are going. I'll keep you posted!!

1 comment:

Amity said...

I'm glad to hear that everything with Baby L is going good, its amazing how fast time goes by!