Saturday 14 June 2008

Happy DADA day!!

Happy Father's Day to all of our wonderful Husbands, Fathers, Grandfathers and Great-Grandfathers!!! We send our love and appreciation to you all!

This week also marks a milestone for Taylor, a few days ago she said her first word! DADA! We're pretty sure she doesn't know what it means yet, but she seems to know that it means SOMETHING. She will be quietly babbling, then say Dada (or Dadadada) and then she beams a huge smile! If you say Dada back, she will repeat it (most of the time) and then smile. Usually you can only get one repeat back because then she thinks it's just too funny and starts giggling. At first we thought it was a fluke, but after a few days of repeating it, we think it's definitely more than that.

We also picked up Alan, my brother at the airport in Dallas on Thursday. We are really enjoying having him here. He's been a big help already to Drew and I, and he is so awesome with his little niece! She loves her Uncle! Not sure what the plans are this week, besides work of course. Taylor is due for some vaccines and I need to see if I can get in to the doc to have them check out my pinkie which still hurts and is kind of red, along with my horrible skin.

Drew passed his PT test on Thursday evening, so that's fantastic! He's lost 30 lbs. in the last 3 months and 6 inches off his waist. I'm so proud of him and the work he's done to get back in shape! I'm still struggling, I've hit a plateau and have been struggling with the same 5 lbs. for the past month or so. The trend is downward, albeit slowly. I've lost 21.4 lbs. since we got back from visiting CA. I still have about 15 lbs. to go to reach upper goal weight as far as weight watchers is concerned, though I would like to lose another 5-10 lbs. on top of that to give myself some wiggle room. Of course I'll re-asses when I (eventually) get there to make sure that is a realistic goal.

Off for now, love to you all!

No comments: