Thursday 19 June 2008

Mama doesn't like vaccines.

Two words: CRANKY PANTS!

Ever since getting her vaccine boosters on Monday Taylor has been a fussy monster. She gets pretty cranky for her morning nap, but for her afternoon nap or bedtime (usually in the evening) it has been almost unbearable. I'm not really sure what to do. She absolutely screams and wails, she writhes around like she's in pain, but her little belly isn't hard, I don't feel any teeth coming through. She wont nurse, she wont take a pacifier, walking around doesn't help, bouncing her, laying her on her belly, she doesn't want to be her in jumperoo, swing or jungle gym, she just screams. I've tried giving her tylenol, orajel, gas x to rule out pain from any of those things, but it doesn't seem to help. We've resorted to taking her on car rides to get her to sleep and even that takes 20 minutes of screaming. Sometimes even after she's asleep she'll pop up and start screaming without even opening her eyes. I'm going to call the doctor in the morning to see if I can get her checked out to make sure there isn't anything else going on. I certainly hope this doesn't last very much longer because we're all very frustrated.

On a fun note, we went to the base pool today to go take Taylor for her first "swim" today. She was too cute in her little swim suit and her big floppy white hat. She seemed to enjoy it! She was kicking her legs around and she liked splashing a bit. Drew and I enjoyed the water too, it's been over 3 years since either one of us went swimming! I do have pictures but I'll have to upload them after Taylor goes to sleep. Speaking of which, I'm off to feed her and hopefully get her down, I'm not looking forward to what has become the routine this week...

Not much else to report! Alan has been being a great help around the house, and especially with the dogs. I'm sure glad to have him around!

Ok, off for now.

No comments: