Monday, 7 May 2007

5 Weeks 1 Day

I woke up at ten to 8 this morning and as soon as that clock flipped to 8AM I called to see what I needed to do to get a pregnancy test done at the hospital. They told me just to walk in and get it done. By the time I hung up the phone I already had one foot out the door and was on my way. I got there about 9 AM and filled out the required paperwork, and went to take my test. They said they would call by the afternoon.

I got home, and not half an hour later they phoned with the results: Positive! Oh wow. I guess it's REALLY real now, eh? The next step was to go to OB-GYN for a walk in appointment between 1 and 3. I left at noon and stopped by work. I figured I better let them know due to the hazards I am exposed to daily and see if there are any questions they wanted me to ask. Ian and Sally Ann were very happy for me, I cried a little, mostly because I am still uncertain, but I am happy as well. I wish I could tell parents already, but I want to do it a special way, not just blurt it out! So it must wait.

I got to the OB-GYN office and to my dismay found that the appointment was only to fill out paperwork and schedule actual appointments. I did find out my estimated due date: January 7th, 2008! I'm 5 weeks and 1 day pregnant. Crazy isn't it! I wanted to find out what things at work I should be cautious of, but the I don't think the lady there really understood my question and sent me elsewhere. I did eventually find help, and essentially I'll have to buy a respirator that filters out surgical anesthetics. They aren't too pricey so I'll look into them, otherwise I'll have to stay away from Anesthetics until then. I also had to go get a TB test. They put a small injection under my skin, and I have to go back in two days to get it "read". Whatever that means!

So, my next appointment is on the 22nd, with a nurse, and my 1st actual Doc appointment isn't until JUNE when I'm just shy of 11 weeks, but the cool thing is, we'll get to do our first ultrasound then! I'm feeling great today, still sleepy, but fine otherwise. It's been a busy morning, I think I'll take a nap!

No comments: