Monday 21 May 2007

7 weeks (1 day)

Can you believe I'm 7 weeks and a day already?? It's going so slow, but so fast at the same time. Amazing!! All the family knows now (Hi! If you're reading this!). Everyone seems as excited as we are, so that's good. I must admit, I was a little nervous, lol. I loved hearing Dad and Leslie's reaction on the phone Friday (and Mom's on Tuesday), I just wish I could have been there in person to tell them! I'm very frustrated being this far away, but if everything works like it should, we'll be back in the states in October.

I had a nurse appointment today at Family Advocacy. It was nice to be able to talk to her about some of my questions and concerns. I'm terrified about my diet, though she said I'm eating the right things. I just ALWAYS Feel full. Even if I only eat small amounts, but several times throughout the day. I'm pretty sure I'm not eating too much, but I've gained about 1.5 to 2 lbs already (I'm pretty sure it's all in my boobs). She said that is fine and normal, and that as long as I continue eating the way I am I should gain the healthy amount and not too much. She gave me a number to a nutritionist in case I needed some backup confirmation. I fully intend on giving her a call!

I received a plethora of other information too, all very helpful, and even some stuff for Drew! There are some classes we can take both together, and separate, and I am going to take advantage of those too. I feel like I'm jumping the gun a bit, but I'd rather be VERY prepared, than trying to do cramming last minute! Never can learn too much right??

I have a nurse appointment at OB-GYN tomorrow, mostly just for orientation and to go over the paperwork I filled out a couple of weeks ago. I'm not going to get too excited about it, but can't wait for our 11 week appointment where we get to see the bean! I have a regular doc appointment tomorrow as well, because for the past week, my jaw has been killing me, and this morning I could barely open my mouth to eat my breakfast. I think it's my TMJ acting up, not sure they can do anything for it, but maybe give me some pain relieving exercises to do. It's terrible!

Well, it's 8:30 PM and I think I'm going to go get in bed already. I'm just absolutely exhausted still (will it ever end?) and my doc appointment is at 8:25 tomorrow morning, so I need to be there about 8. I've been getting up earlier and earlier these days, probably because of the amount of sleep I've been getting. Who would have thought... Jen? A morning person? Never.

Oh yeah, here's my 6 week picture. It doesn't show much because, well, there isn't much to show! I'll take one at 8 weeks, then every 4 weeks from there. But I wanted to give one to start with! I miss everybody!! Can't wait to get home!

No comments: