Monday 14 May 2007

6 weeks 1 day

I'm 6 weeks and 1 day today! I'm still waiting for that "real" feeling to kick in. Hasn't happened yet. I went to the gym today for a little bit, did a bit of cardio and some light arm exercises on the machines. It felt good to get some exercise again. I admit that I ate a LOT of junk yesterday. I haven't felt so poopy in a while! I'm sure it was due to the fact my body has been so used to eating healthy good stuff over the last several months, that it's not happy when I give it what I've come to call "artificial crap from a box". I've really been loving my fresh fruits, veggies, nuts, and whole grains! I'm beginning to have light bouts of nausea. Nothing huge, and no vomiting, but I'm definitely feeling that "green" feeling every now and again. I'm still exhausted as well, I heard that it lightens up a little after the first trimester... do I really have to wait that long? It's going like molasses as it is!

Yesterday was Mother's Day, and I made all of my phone calls to mom's and grandma's. It was so hard not to spill the beans. I was really hoping that Mom and Dad's packages would have arrived by Saturday, but no such luck. I had to ask Mom on the sly about what time the mail came, and then call back later to see if it came. I waited to talk to Dad until Sunday, but his hadn't arrived either. He's going to be gone for FOUR days over the weekend, so I need to try and contact him sometime before then. I had to ask (again on the sly), what time he got home from work, and what time he left so I could call later this week. Drew's folks should be getting their packages by Friday or Saturday, so he said he's going to call this weekend. I'm getting so nervous!? What will they all say??

I'm getting more and more excited about being a mom myself (boy does that sound weird), but at the same time, I'm very nervous, and I'm still upset about the screwup with our PCS date. What's the best thing to do? I guess wait, until it gets a little closer and make decisions then. I wish we even knew where we were going so I could get prepared and maybe start the house hunt ahead of time. I guess I'll just do my best to remain calm, if I'm stressed, it can't be good for the kidney bean. So I'll take it a day at a time, and keep breathing.

No comments: