Thursday 8 May 2008

Fingers are overrated.

So this morning I thought it would be fun to spend the day in the ER, so I attempted to cut off my pinky. Okay, really it was an accident (and pure stupidity on my part), but it wasn't pretty. It was a deep cut that made me almost pass out (my BP was 70/40 at the hospital). I now am the proud owner of 5 stitches and a huge splint to keep my finger from moving since the cut was partially into the joint. They say I will be fine though! Luckily Drew was home so he was able to take care of Taylor while we waited..and waited.. and waited to get me patched up. Of course while we were waiting she had a huge blowout of a diaper. We had left in such a hurry that her diaper bag wasn't fully stocked. The wipes had fallen out in the car and she didn't have a spare change of clothes. So we wrapped her in my breast feeding cover.. so embarrassing! We're home now though and all is well. My lidocane is wearing off so I'm going to take some tylenol and rock Taylor for her nap.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hi Jen!! I need your email address so I can invite you to my blog!

I'm SO sorry about your finger! Poor thing. I hope you aren't in too much pain and that it heals quickly.

It was so good seeing you (and baby Taylor) again on Wednesday.