Wednesday 14 May 2008

When it rains, it pours....

We had severe thunderstorms last night through this morning. I was getting pretty freaked out last night because it was raining so hard and the thunder was LOUD! It was clapping and rolling and the sky was lit more often than it was dark from lightening. The power went out for a few minutes and when it came back on only half the house did. One of the breakers was flipped so I flipped it back but it didn't help. Drew flipped it a few more times today and it finally came back so that was good.

The bad news?? Our Zx2 may be totaled. Drew went out to leave work last night and the car had gotten caught in a flood where it was parked on base and had been filled with water half way. The upholstery is all soaked, the cup holders and center console were filled with water. The computer is behind the cup holders so its probably shot. The current must have been pretty strong because the whole back of the car had been swung sideways so the car was parked at an angle in the spot instead of straight. It wouldn't start of course. Luckily while we had taken the collision insurance off of it due to it's age and value, I left the comprehensive on it, so it IS covered. I called to file the claim today but they can't get an adjuster out tomorrow.
So I guess we'll find out the damage over the next few days.

Anyway, that's the excitement in the White household this week so far. Otherwise things are going okay. Work is good, a little awkward as most new jobs are, but I'm sure I'll get the swing of things. They are all really nice there and seem to be willing to work with whatever schedule works best for me. Whether it be 1 day a week or 5, so thats nice to know that if 3 days isn't working out, I can always cut back. It's still to be determined.. Drew hasn't gotten much sleep on the days I work (nor I for that matter!), but there has been a lot of other things going on too!

I'll keep everyone updated on whats going on! Off to see if I can grab a nap while the baby is napping!

No comments: