Sunday 2 September 2007

It's almost here!

TWO days until our ultrasound! I'm getting excited, and even MORE impatient. I've slowly been breaking up the time to make it go by faster, first to do the Stampin' Up! Workshop, then to our finance appointment, then do the BBQ with Bryan and Tonya (that was last night). I work tomorrow, then Tuesday is the big day! I just hope the bean isn't hiding the goods, and everything else looks great too!

Some exciting news, Drew felt the baby kick for the first time on Friday night! I was getting some good roundhouse kicks to the upper abdomen and told Drew to hold his hand there until he felt something, I knew he would! A few minutes later he got a good one. I was so happy he finally got to feel what I've been feeling for a few weeks now. Maybe not in the same respect, but it's exciting to be able to include him into what otherwise seems like somewhat of a lonely adventure, only to be shared and experienced by other women who have been, or are pregnant, and the bean of course!

Things have been going well, the only complaints I've really had are the inability to sleep, or stay asleep due to the nerve pinching somewhere in my back causing a lot of lower back and hip pain on my left side, and the bloated fat feeling. Even though I'm not huge yet, my abdominal muscles feel impaired which makes getting up or rolling over in bed seem like a huge task that I envision looking something like a beached whale trying to flop itself back to the ocean.

I've had an insatiable hunger the last few days, though that's not really a complaint, just an observation. I've gained a couple pounds (eek!) so I'm now up to a total weight gain of somewhere between 11 and 12 pounds. I'm doing the best I can to control the things I'm eating and keep eating healthy, so if it goes above my "recommended" weight gain, well then it's just going to have to do so, and I'll work extra hard to get it off after. If I'm hungry, the baby must be hungry, right? I'm still inhaling apples like they are going out of style, and I've had a recent craving for pears as well. In fact, I think I need to stop and pick some more up today!


So, here's the new 22 week pictures! There's getting to be more and more to hang on to, though it still doesn't look like "baby" to me. I appear to be carrying all over the belly and wide. My love handles spill over the sides a little, and it seems to spread fairly evenly from my lower to upper abdomen.



Hopefully we'll have lots of good news for you on Tuesday. We'll try and call everybody, but I'll post it here as well just in case. Drew has to go to work after the U/S, but I should be home after about 4 or 5PM (8 or 9AM CA time), so if you don't hear any news, then feel free to give us a call!

Talk to you soon!

No comments: