Thursday 15 November 2007

We made it!

Just wanted to let everybody know that we're here in Louisiana safe and sound!

I left San Francisco this morning about 8:50, and flew to Las Vegas, then to Dallas. I realized that Drew and I both were going to be in Dallas but his flight to Shreveport left two hours before mine, so I hunted down his gate and surprised him there! We had a late lunch, then hung out until his flight left. I was going to try and see if I could get on his flight but decided we would have to wait for my luggage anyway so stuck to the original plan.

My flight arrived in Shreveport and Drew was waiting for me, we got my bags (which made all 3 flights, yay!) and we went outside to wait for our ride. I guess there was a little lack of communication because we knew nothing about our sponsor except his last name and that he was suppose to be there at 9pm, no phone number or anything. We waited until 9:45 and it was getting pretty chilly outside so we decided to go ahead and rent a car for the weekend. The rental car place was very helpful and gave us a map and directions to base which really wasn't that far! We didn't get lost once,well, we passed the road we were suppose to turn on, but got right back to it. We went straight to billeting and got our room.

We just got settled in and we're really hungry now, it's 11:25pm here, so 9:25pm in CA and 5:25am in England so we're all messed up! Luckily we were able to order a pizza for delivery so we don't have to go and try and find something. I hope we can stay awake long enough for it to get here.

Tomorrow morning we'll call the realtor to get some times set up with her and also try and get some cell phones so we can have an easier way to communicate with everybody! As soon as we get numbers we'll call and let you know what they are! In the meantime, the main number for billeting here is (318)456-3091, registered under Drew so if you need to get a hold of us in the meantime, that's the best way!

We'll keep you posted on how things are going! Drew and I are stoked to be back together and getting a move on the next chapter of our lives. What will it bring us??? Stay tuned!

Love to you all,
Us

No comments: